หน้าอกสวยและดูเป็นธรรมชาติมาก แผลเล็ก และการดูแลรักษาหลังการผ่าตัดก็ไม่ได้ยุ่งยาก อาจารย์ให้คำแนะนำและใส่ใจมากๆ ค่ะ
What is Breast Implant Revision surgery?
The purpose of Breast Implant Revision surgery is to remove old implants and replace them with new implants. In some cases, correction can be done by changing to the new implants. In other cases, Breast Lift or Reduction may be required. Surgeons can replace new placement for revision surgery. Many breast implants have a lifetime warranty on the actual implant device. There is no reason to change implants if there are no complications. Surgeons have to discuss with patients about the plan and the surgery results that could be. In some cases, the result could be worse than before surgery.
How to prepare yourself before surgery?
1.) You must have a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon in detail and understand the solution, result and outcome. You have to discuss with the surgeon about what to expect after surgery, estimate of time for surgery, result, risks and complications. You need to understand how to prepare yourself before and after surgery. If you are older than 40 years old or younger but have a history of cancer in the family, you must have a mammogram before surgery.
2.) You must have a pre-operative check-up including Blood Test, EKG, and Chest X-ray with a medical doctor
3.) Consult with your doctor and adjust medication if you have any underlying medical conditions, drug allergy and previous medical treatments.
4.) Stop smoking at least 2-4 weeks before surgery.
5.)Stop all vitamins and supplements including herbs at least 2 weeks before surgery.
6.) Stop taking Aspirin or Anti-Inflammatory drugs.
What surgeon will do before surgery?
– Surgeons will make a decision to proceed surgery related to the result of pre-operative check-up tests and it needs to be approved by a medical doctor or Cardiologist.
– Measurement current breast size, shape, skin elasticity, the level of nipples and areola.
– Take photos before surgery
– Discuss with the patient about the result and what to expect
– This step is extremely important. The surgeon needs to be confident that the patients understand and can accept all the results and the risks that could happen including both the advantages and disadvantages of this surgery.
The reasons and good candidate for breast implant revision could be:
– To change the implants due breast sagging and breasts change the shape
– To decrease or increase the size of implants
– To correct complications such as rupture or migration of implant, or correct Capsular Contracture
– To change from saline to silicone or different style of implant
– You can see the results right after surgery. However, the final results may take a few weeks as the swelling subsides and the skin stretches. Usually you can see the final results within 6 months to 1 year.
– The swelling will gradually improve within 4-6 weeks.
– Scar will gradually fade away within 1-2 years depending on your skin type. Some people may have a bad scar or Keloid.
– Strictly following the doctor’s advice and recommendation will yield the best results.
– After a surgery, blood and fluid may collect inside your body in the surgical area. Surgeons will insert a surgical drain tube which can be removed in 1-2 days.
– The surgeon will wrap your chest with Elastic bandage which will be replaced with a support bra after the surgeon removes the surgical drain tube.
– An appointment will be made to remove the eternal stitches 7-10 days after surgery. Usually the patient can return to work within 14 days after surgery.
How to take care of yourself after surgery
1.) Bruising and Swelling
– Bruising and Swelling will occur within 48-72 hours after surgery. The third day is usually the worst and then it will gradually get better after day 4.
– Bruising will be better after 4 days and will be gone in 21days.
– Swelling will subside quite quickly in the first 2-3 weeks and then disappear in 3-6 months.
– Cold compress with a cold pack or a bag of ice is needed in the first 3 days. It will help reduce swelling and bruising.
2.) Pain and Medication
– The most painful moment is right after surgery and on the first day. In some patients, it will take more time before all the pain disappears.
– Surgeons recommend taking pain relievers only when you are in pain. Do not take it more than 6 times per day.
– There may be some side effect such as nausea or dizziness
– If rash or itch occurs after taking medication, the patient must inform the surgeon immediately.
– The antibiotic medication must be taken until it is finished.
– Any underlying condition and medication needs to be informed and adjusted by both a surgeon or medical doctor before and after surgery.
– Do not take Aspirin or any medication in Aspirin group, Vitamin E, Herbs, or any supplements at least 2 weeks before and after surgery. It can cause bleeding and bruising.
3.) Smoking and Drinking
– You must stop smoking 4 weeks prior to and 4 weeks post surgery.
– You must stop drinking 2-4 weeks prior to and 2-4 weeks post surgery.
4.) Wound dressing
– Patients can take a sponge bath before the surgical drain tubes are removed . After the surgical drain tubes are removed, the surgeon will put waterproof dressing so you can take a quick shower.
– Check waterproof dressing, and make sure that it is clean and dry at all times.
– Remove waterproof dressing within 48 hours after discharge from hospital.
– Do not touch the wound directly after removing waterproof dressing.
– Use wooden cotton buds with normal saline to clean the wound and apply antibiotic cream twice a day.
– The stitches will be removed in 7-10 days
– If there is any sign of infection or complications, please inform surgeons immediately.
– Scar cream, scar gel, or silicone sheet can be used 5-7 days after all stitches are removed.
5.) Support bra
– You must wear a support bra or sport bra 24 hours for at least 1-2 months after the surgery.
– After 2 months, the surgeon recommends wearing it to reduce a chance of sagging.
– Underwire bras can be worn after 6 months.
– Massaging is recommended for Round Implant only.
– Start massaging 4 weeks after surgery.
– Massaging 5-10 minutes twice a day after shower.
– Avoid exercise for at least 2 months after surgery.
– No weight lifting or lifting anything heavier than 5kg.
– Avoid hot tubs or saunas at least 6 months after surgery.
8.) Sleeping positions after surgery
– Get enough sleep and rest after surgery.
– Use 2 pillows to lift your head up, it will help reduce swelling.
– Sleep on your back at least 2-3 weeks with a pillow supporting your side.
Risks and Complications
For Breast Revision surgery, patients need to understand both the advantages and disadvantages. The outcomes can be better or worse and the risks and complications can happen.
– Complications of general anesthesia
– Blood Collection
– Deep Vein Thrombosis
– Keloid scar
– Loss of nipple sensation
– Numbness ( usually will improve in 3-6 months )
– Capsular Contracture
– Wound Separation
– Tissue and Nipples necrosis
– Asymmetry of both Breasts and Nipples. ( Nipples size and areolar )
– Double Bubble Fold
– After surgery, Breast shape can change after massive weight loss or gain due to pregnancy.